Houma - Thibodaux Child Custody Attorneys - Shoultz Law Attorneys
The Shoultz Law Firm attorneys will zealously fight for your children's best interest, and offer special reasonable rates for child custody cases in Houma - Terrebonne Parish and Thibodaux - Lafourche Parish, Louisiana. We are local attorneys, experienced and knowledgeable, and always available to help with your most important family law matters.
Art. 134. Factors in determining child's best interest
The court shall consider all relevant factors in determining the best interest of the child. Such factors may include:
(1) The love, affection, and other emotional ties between each party and the child.
(2) The capacity and disposition of each party to give the child love, affection, and spiritual guidance and to continue the education and rearing of the child.
(3) The capacity and disposition of each party to provide the child with food, clothing, medical care, and other material needs.
(4) The length of time the child has lived in a stable, adequate environment, and the desirability of maintaining continuity of that environment.
(5) The permanence, as a family unit, of the existing or proposed custodial home or homes.
(6) The moral fitness of each party, insofar as it affects the welfare of the child.
(7) The mental and physical health of each party.
(8) The home, school, and community history of the child.
(9) The reasonable preference of the child, if the court deems the child to be of sufficient age to express a preference.
(10) The willingness and ability of each party to facilitate and encourage a close and continuing relationship between the child and the other party.
(11) The distance between the respective residences of the parties.
(12) The responsibility for the care and rearing of the child previously exercised by each party.
The court may consider other factors as well.
Learn more about the Louisiana Civil Code Article 134
Learn more about best interest factors for child custody
The Shoultz Law Firm offers special reasonable rates on all child custody cases filed at:
The Terrebonne Parish Courthouse
The 32nd Judicial District Court
Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana
7850-7864 W. Main St, Houma, LA 70360
The Lafourche Parish Courthouse
17th Judicial District Court
Lafourche Parish, Louisiana
201 Green St, Thibodaux, LA 70301
Here are maps to help you locate the Terrebonne and Lafourche Parish Courthouses, provided by Shoultz Law: